So this week I tried something new and COMBINED challenges I found on the net (whoooaaa adventurous). So what were the challenges you ask?
Well the first was the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 challenge:
For this challenge, he basically walks you through how he made a cool tag (see the image, it's pretty cool) and shows you some really cool techniques, then you take the techniques and make them into your own creation. The highlights here are the hardware (monocle, ribbon, stamp things), texture paste (that I made with acrylic paint, glue, and baby powder!), distress stain spray (I just used diluted reinkers...), and then some other of the usual distressing and "aging" things.
The other challenge is from Simon Says Stamp Blog where it was basically just a theme to adhere to. The theme for this challenge was "O" is for... so I scoured my room for what I had that related to the letter O, and found... nothing. But I thought I had a stencil with a eye chart, but I didn't. However, I was already committed to the idea of Optometry so I made it work. Here is my finished project!