Sunday, October 19, 2014

Steampunk Airship Pirate Pin

Three years ago, around this time, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do for a costume for some events I had. I was reading the Myst series and was awkwardly obsessed with all things steampunk at the time, so I wanted to be an Airship Pirate. I bought some cool victorian pants, a flannel shirt, suspenders, and some cool additions to my glasses that I found in the jewelry workshop where I work. Then I just wanted something that said "pirate." So 6 hours and a lot of epoxy and gears later I ended up with this. (click to enlarge)





2 comments:

  1. I am so into steampunk...it creeps into all my projects somewhere... loving your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wouldn't be Tim Holtz fans if we didn't have a little Steampunk in all of us, right? Thanks for visiting and subscribing. I feel more inspired to try and post more frequently :)

      Delete