Monday, December 22, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - December!

So my resolution for 2015 is to do all of the tag challenges over at Tim Holt's Blog. But before I get excited about what is to come, I wanted to share my creation this month!

As usual, I was lacking some of the items (but some are really cheap it seems so I will invest soon), but I took the best of it and made it work. First, here is Tim's creation. Definitely go check out the tutorial to see how he made this awesome tag (I'm a fan of the green version he made too):

Some of the highlights of this month's tag include:
  • Painted and stamped background
  • Frosted/Vellum run through an embossing folder
  • Sewing components together (fancy!)
  • Die-cuts for days, particularly cool words and shapes
  • Some glitter and inking per usual
  • And some fun extra pieces that make everything fun and pulled together
Here is my tag:
It's doubling as a gift for a friend that likes to travel, particularly to Europe/France/Switzerland. I did a blue painted tag with fun French words from Tim Holtz for a background, and added a compass rose embossed vellum piece over that and tried my hand at running paper through the sewing machine (only to discover there was supposed to be another piece between those two layers... oops). Instead of glitter, I used crackle paint on an Eiffel Tower die-cut with some ink on the edges. Then I added some film things to it because my friend likes pictures. Instead of the plants that Tim used, I went for these watercolor butterflies, which also gives it a cool dimension (but makes it a tricky bookmark... blah). I added some lightly painted paper twine to the top with a monocle with remnant rubs and a word token that said "travel" to me.

Here's to 2015!

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment